Massage Therapy Program Fast Facts:
- Stautzenberger Institute offers massage therapist training for men and women in the Detroit, Michigan area who want to become a massage therapist.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 12 months.
- To graduate, the student must achieve a minimum grade of “C” in all Massage Therapy (MAS) courses.
- Graduates of the massage therapy program receive a diploma.
- Graduates are prepared to take the MBLEx test (Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination) and/or to be certified by the NCTBM.
- Graduates are also prepared to work in various positions such as massage therapist, licensed massage therapist, registered massage therapist, or certified massage therapist.
Become a Massage Therapist
The Massage Therapy program provides quality massage therapy training in a personalized environment, emphasizing ethics and respect for the profession, service to the community, and advancement of the profession through practical application.
Stautzenberger’s commitment is to enable the practitioner to develop viable occupational skills and to use massage as a means of health improvement, injury/disorder rehabilitation and pain relief.
We want our students to become more competent, independent and cooperative, and to understand and accept themselves and others. This humanistic approach is the overall guiding principle of the massage therapy program.
The goals of the Massage Therapy program are:
- To provide instruction for entry-level positions in the massage therapy profession
- To provide practical, hands-on experience in the area of massage therapy
- To foster the practical skills of massage while working with the public